Embedding a BIP link to your QuickBooks invoices
Here’s the step by step instructions on how to embed a BlockSpaces’ Bitcoin Invoicing & Payments link to your QuickBooks invoices.
Once you’ve synced Bitcoin Invoicing & Payments, or BIP, in your BlockSpaces account to your QuickBooks account, you’ll need to add an invoice template by either creating a new template or editing an existing one. This is a simple yet critical step to get your QuickBooks invoices paid in Bitcoin. It should only take a few minutes.
Copy this whole link. We will use this link for your QuickBooks template in a minute.
- 1.Log into your QuickBooks.
- 2.Select the “Settings” gear icon in the upper right of the screen.
- 3.Under the header “Your Company” go to “Custom form styles”.
- 4.Create a new invoice template or edit an existing one that the Bitcoin link will be embedded into.
- 5.Choose to modify the Design, Content, and Emails of the template.
- Design - to customize the invoice to fit your company brand
- Content - this is the message embedded in the invoice.pdf. In the footer, we suggest adding a note like, “To pay in Bitcoin, please use the link provided in the email.”
- Emails - copy and paste your BIP link from earlier into the body of the “Message to customer”, with a message like this:
“Pay now with Bitcoin or Lightning here: https://app.blockspaces.com/multi-web-app/lightning/quickbooks?tenantid=[tenantID]&qbId=[Invoice No.]"
- 6.Select “done” to save and exit
That's it! Make this template your default so it goes out with every invoice you send. The link automatically updates with the QuickBooks invoice number for easy reference.
Now, you can issue an invoice from QuickBooks to customers with the option to get paid in Bitcoin⚡️!